Who We Are
Welcome! We are a Christ-centered church, growing in love and knowledge of Jesus.
We want you be able to call our church your home, a place where you belong and where you can grow as a follower of Christ.
As Ambassadors for Christ, we are called to share the Good News of Jesus to the world.
Word of Life Church was founded on October 30, 1988.
We are part of the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC). The AFLC was organized in 1962 by 40-50 congregations of the former Lutheran Free Church (LFC). It's a fellowship of independent congregations dedicated working together in the service of God's Kingdom. It and has grown to become a larger Lutheran church body in the United States with over 270 member congregations.
- Knowing Jesus as Lord and Savior.
We are separated from God because of our sin. But God in his great love sent us his only Son, Jesus. Jesus paid the penalty of our sin by dying on the cross. Those who put their faith in Jesus and him alone have the promise of salvation and eternal life with him in heaven. It's only through Jesus that we are saved and our relationship with God is restored.
- Being his disciple.
When you truly know Jesus as Lord and Savior, you desire to learn how to walk and live as he walked and lived.
- Being an ambassador for Christ.
As you become his disciple, his love, grace, and mercy fill you so that you want to share it with others. This in an outward expression of Christ's love.
- There is one God in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- We have rebelled (sinned) against God. The punishment for sin is death and eternal separation from God in hell.
- God sent his Son, Jesus to take the penalty of our sin upon himself. He paid that penaltyby dying on the cross.
- When we repent of our sins and put our faith in Jesus that he died and rose from the grave, we are saved through His grace and mercy. Our sins are forgiven and we will have eternal life with God in heaven.
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant (without error) written Word of God. It is the complete and sole source for our faith and daily living.